domenica 9 maggio 2010

HUME

I am offended that you were banned. I realize that I have learned much from you. The most important aspect of our discussions is the fundamental problem I have with quantum theory. Can you explain it without equations of pictures. Can it be expressed as ordinary language (as defined by Witgenstein)? It appears that it cannot be. Do not be offended: I am a psycho-therapist MD (lots of degrees, read lots of words). I cannot explain the syndrome any better than a physician from 100 years ago. I treat bronchitis without knowing the microbe: pure empiricism, pure shamanism. The problem with medicine is the same as the problem with quantum physics. IT is the problem that HUME addresses the lack of cause. Cause-and-effect may be a psychological defense mechanism. (CSI is just as much a fantasy as Star Trek). I continue talking about religion because it falls in the same trap for most people. I keep searching for closed systems: Spinoza, Einstein, religion based on a few (compared to most) purely transcendent tenets. with history as my platform for all of these categories. Newton to Maxwell to Einstein (not forgetting the folks inbetween). Religion: constant criticism of texts in light of new findings or details I have missed.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento